Sunday, March 18, 2007

When Powerhouses Collide...


Dirk stepped it up Sunday afternoon when his Mavericks battled the Eastern powerhouse Pistons, scoring 28 points (21 in the second half).

"I had good looks, but I had a couple go in and out, so I wanted to stay aggressive," he said. "My team has a lot of confidence in my ability, so I just hung with it."

J-ho, Stack, and the boys came to win - and they fought to the finish. The Mavericks won 92-88, but not without some drama, Pistons-style.

Detroit was without Chauncey Billups who was out due to a groin injury suffered in a win versus Phoenix. (Go Pistons!) They were also without Lindsay Hunter who's serving a drug suspension. This gave Ronald "Flip" Murray the opportunity to shine - and boy did he!

Poor Rip Hamilton. It just wasn't his day or game. He was missing all kinds of shots. He was given a technical, his 12th of the season, for visibly and verbally arguing a charge. Then, he was the recipient of three stitches in the head after his own teammate, C-Webb, elbowed the *@?& out of him. He had to leave the game in the fourth quarter to get the cut tended to - as it was bleeding rather heavily. I hope he mends well.

It was a great game. I'm not going to diss on the Pistons - they are one helluva team. If it weren't for the Mavericks - I'd be a Pistons fan. I cheer them on until they play my boys. MFFL!

No comments: