Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Mavs @ Kings

The Sacramento Kings used to be such a competitive, high-caliber, playoff-bound team - back in the Bibby, Bobby, Vlade, Doug, Peja, and C-Webb era. I feared the Kings when they matched up v. the Mavericks. I was always thankful when the Mavs squeaked out a miraculous win. Then everybody, but Bibby, left. They got Abdul-Rahim and anger-management-bound Ron Artest. Big deal. The Kings don't bring the venom to the bball court like they used to.

So....the Mavericks play @ the Kings tonight. I'm not fearful. I just hope Dirk listens to his ankle. I hope to see the Gingerbread Man back to his silly, crazy footwork.

UPDATE: Jerry Stackhouse nailed the jumper with 20.1 seconds left to ice the victory, 97-93. The Mavs were without their MVP (aka Dirk), who was out with an upset stomach. I'd be upset, too, if I lost by 22 to the Suns on Sunday.

No comments: