Sunday, May 13, 2007

Temporary Shift of Focus...


Since the Mavericks' shocking and untimely exit from the NBA playoffs, I have been in mourning. However, I have decided to root for the Detroit Pistons. I can not and will not cheer for the Phoenix Suns, San Antonio Spurs, Utah Jazz, or the 'dirty' Golden State Warriors.

I'm tired of everyone dissing Dirk. So is he.

"That's the kind of person I am. I always take things very, very hard on myself," Dirk said. "I don't need media people to tell me that I did bad. I know I didn't play my best in the playoffs.

And can I hear an "Amen Brother!" for the non-traitor Nelson, Donnie?

"You can't put it on one guy's shoulders," Nelson said. "We won 67 games this year. That's no fluke. We didn't all of a sudden become stupid and poor performers overnight. I think the easy thing to do in this is pile it on Dirk or Avery. But you can't do that. If you actually open up the hood and look into things, you'll see there's a lot more reasons."

Work on that MVP acceptance speech, Dirk! :)

No comments: